Sunday, September 20, 2009

Inspiring Tokyo shops

We were taken on a visit to various themed stores and flagship shops with inspiring visual merchandising and window display. Amazing! I am pretty impressed with their presentation and packaging techniques. Just makes you go goo goo gaga and want to enter the shop even though you dont know what exactly they are selling. Will have to re-arrange my own store after this. :)

The entrance of a jewellery store where every little thing is breathing its branding essence. From the entrance to the presentation to even the uniforms they wore.



Those displayed on the plate are pieces of delectable jewellery. And this place looks more like a chocolate museum.

I didnt know what this shop sells until I step inside. It looks so pretty outside. They sell jewellery!

Lamp Harajaku filled with dainty dresses. My dream shop. I have always wanted a 2 storey shophouse decorated like it was from a storybook. Shall perservere on. It is amazine how young designers there can afford the rents in main shopping belt even when I was told they receive zero support from goverment.

The cashier cum display counter at a hip multi label store called Opening Ceremony there.

Those are actually fitting rooms. Cute isnt it?



The signage of the chocolate shop. Doesnt it look more like a Gucci shop signage to you? Wah..