Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beansprouts!

Last Sat, G had a family gathering which I couldnt attend as I was stationed at Parco. After his gathering he came to my house which was about 11pm. I was really hungry and he saw a plate of fried koay teow which my mum had bought earlier and had already turned cold..and asked me if I wanted to eat it and he would heat it up for me.

Being a fussy eater, I said I didnt want it as there are many beansprouts. And I really dislike beansprouts in my dish. After that I went to the washroom. And when I came back, I saw G picking out the beansprouts from the koay teow one by one with his chopsticks. And that really melted my heart. No fancy flowers, no posh restaurants, no honeyed words. Just the simple honest act of him picking out the beansprouts one by one showed his patience and meticulous towards his fussy gf. And after that, he fried an omelette to wrap the koay teow and squeezed it with lime. I thought what a creative way of re-cooking leftovers! Was yummy! :)