Saturday, September 04, 2010

Birthday Meal

While most people spend birthdays in restaurants, G will usually be the chef on special occasions cos he enjoys cooking for me :)
On my special day, he came right after I woke up with ingredients bought from the supermarket ready to cook a sumptuous lunch. What luxury! It is like room service with breakfast served when you open your eyes. And I remember the first meal he ever cooked for me was on the beach with many envious pedestrians :)))

G marinating the chicken fillet!

Freshly peeled and cut tomatoes

G peels the prawns and chop the squids. I can never get such equally cut pieces.

G slicing my favourite sashimi

G scrubs the clams squeaky clean. Love them!

Seafood soup in the making

Almost there..

Dont they look yummy? You never get such generous serving in the restaurant.

And black chicken chop with spaghetti. The chicken was heavenly! soft and tender with the right "marination", albeit missing some black pepper sauce.

my tiny strawberry birthday cake because I dont really fancy cakes. SO enough to just make a wish - or many wishes to be honest.