Monday, June 21, 2010

Loving husband

Today I met a new customer. It was a quiet Monday evening. But I saw a guy intently examining the white crochet lace camisole with nude lining hung on my Parco rack and I was wearing the same design. When he saw me approaching, he smiled and said I have really nice designs here.

The crochet lace top is one of my best sellers. When I told him about the price of $248, he asked why is it so expensive. I explained that firstly all our designs are handmade in my atelier in less than 12 pieces. They are not mass produced in factories. This particular design requires alot of hand-stitching labour and takes about 2.5 days to complete. Thirdly, the white crochet lace is a rare fabric which cannot be found elsewhere. When paired with nude lining, it looks really sexy but elegant. And lastly, the design specialty is the top does not have any side seams.

Up till then, he was still listening intently. So I asked is he shopping for a gift for someone else. He replied yes was for his wife. And so I said when shopping for your wife, most importantly is not the price but whether it is something unique and exquisite. And he said " I will have this top then". I smiled and said " Thank you for your support" :)