Thursday, June 24, 2010

Men who shop at Fuchsia Lane

There are an increasing number of men who shop at Fuchsia Lane. But rest assured they are not wearing for themselves! Today I met a second guy this week who shopped at my fashion suite. He popped his head in and asked if we were open. Although we are officially open on Fridays, I was in the suite so I asked him to come in and have a look. He said he was shopping for something for his partner.

And the funny thing was I had a male friend with me and after hearing that, he too said maybe he should get something for a female friend as well. So I have 2 males looking thru the racks and looking earnest but lost. Somehow I felt it was a touching sight. Not sure why but I just felt touched for their partners.

They asked me for my opinion on what to buy. So I asked them for their girlfriend's height and weight and one even show me an image of his partner on his phone. Sweet! I picked up a few pretty stuff and the guy said ok "I will take them ALL." I am quite sure his partner will melt upon seeing them. I asked him to bring his partner back for alteration if any piece does not fit. Wheee... so now Fuchsia Lane is winning male customers as well.

Previously we have males who come to buy pressies for their partners and even mums. We can also personalise our scarves by adding their partner's initials in Swarovski crystals. And we can alter/exchange if the items bought are not right size. I think males now are becoming intelligent, with an eye for detail and increasingly thoughtful when choosing gifts. They like to get gifts that are exquisite with a touch of surprise. Gone are the days when our dad bought mum a washing machine and she squeals with delight. And when even diamonds become predictable(but of course 1 or 2 doesnt matter :)).