Monday, June 28, 2010

Music and books

It's the GSS and I have not done any crazy shopping. Basically I do not have the time as GSS is one of the busiest time for us because when our customers know our handmade designs are on promotion, they basically zoom down to get the best pieces. But yesterday in the evening I devoted some time to go with G for some shopping. I bought a compilation of 1930-50s French songs from That CD Shop called " In Paris". I like their compilations and have bought a few like " Passion", "Arielle Dombasle" " Classical" etc.. Whee..I like Edith Piath and La Vie En Rose. Am lusting for their Haute compilation next. Will be playing them in my atelier when working. :)

I always like old Shanghai songs from Bai Guang, Zhou Xuan, Paramount Jazz classics and oldies. Basically I like songs from 1920s to 60s. And many people think my musical taste does not reflect my age! There was once a supplier actually came to my suite and upon hearing the music played asked my tailor " Your boss must be very old". Then he was thoroughly shocked to see me when I appeared. Then my tailor joked " My boss has a young face and an old heart" Lol.. But I find these songs inspiring and soothing. So nice to listen to while reading a book and enjoying tea.

And today is my off day. So I went to Kinokuniya. And to my delight, they are having storewide 20%. And I bought a book on interior design and some fashion magazines like Milk. One of them was featuring the archive of Dior's designs shot in Shanghai. Sweet! I always like the 1950s New Look which was revolutionary in his time. I like reading design books, lifestyle and branding and stories of famous people and brands because I hope that one day Fuchsia Lane will become an international story too. :)