Saturday, June 26, 2010

A relaxed evening

Double Bay restaurant interior. Nice lanterns they have.

Seafood Cioppino $10.90

Caparcio Pacific Tuna $12.90

Fish and Chips $24.90

Today G and I went for dinner at Double Bay restaurant-Australian dining at Raffles City. It's been a long time since we can go out for leisure dining on weekends as I always tend to my shop on weekends when they are the busiest. And I am a workaholic.

While I have the fashion sense, G has a superbly acute food sense both in cooking and ordering nice food. So I always leave the ordering to him. We had the Seafood ciopino, caparcio pacific tuna and fish and chips. But Fish and Chips seems no ordinary dish in this restaurant, you can choose between 6 different kinds of fish from grouper, atlantic salmon to other fish types which I have not heard of. They even analyse the fatty levels of the fish for you and you can choose the type of batter. Interesting.

Actually I was so hungry that I ate them then realise that I havent take the pictures. So the pictures I took may not do the dish justice. :)
There was very fine homemade bread that came with the seafood soup. And when I took this picture, it had already ended in my tummy. Although I prefer the soup thicker, it does becomes tastier with each spoon. And the seafood is really really fresh.

I like the carpacio as it tasted really fresh and flavoursome. But will prefer them thinner.

Although the fish and chips look little at first, they prove very filling. The batter was crisp and the fish meat firm. But will have preferred it softer.

We concluded this restuarant serves very fresh seafood. There are other starters like mussels and clams which I hope to try again. The food was decent and the ambience cosy and the food is medium expensive.

And after this we took a slow walk to Intercontinental Hotel for some drinks at a lounge while the pianist and flutist play. It is my ideal of a nice weekend to relax and spend time with G. And it has been many many moons since we had the time to go to a lounge. Happy and the warm and fuzzy feeling is still in my tummy! :)))