Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Feet problem

Shoes speak volumes about one's personality. You can wear a spaghetti top and jeans but be stylish if you put on the right shoe. But sadly when it comes to shoes, I dont have much choices. I earlier blogged about my flat feet problem which makes wearing almost any shoe seem like a painful affair. Plus I had a nasty sprain 15 years ago and it never fully recovered. Flat feet or wide feet means there isnt any arch and my feet although in length is size 5.5 but in width is a size 7!

This means I have to buy shoes 1 size bigger. And usually I have to put in padding to fill up the space but the feeling is awkward. I used to buy sandals from Rockport that are God-sent comfort but they have closed all their outlets here! Anyone knows where they are? Even RSH is not carrying them anymore.

I dont buy shoes from fashion chains anymore no matter how pretty or fashionable they look. Cos the pigskin "suffocate" my feet and they are usually narrow in the head which squashed my toes. Ouch! Walking is always painful for me. Luckily, G always gives me a foot massage that makes me think I am so lucky. :) Keke.. Since last year, I have fallen in love with the designer shoes sold at Orchard Tangs. They carry shoes imported from Italy, Spain and etc. The designs are timeless and some of them are quite comfortable. I like Jaime Mascaro for their assortments of ballet flats. I can feel my feet heave a sigh of relief when I slipped into them. How I wish I can own all of them. But they are priced $240-$450. And I also like Carparos for their classic heels (which are not too high). I own a few of them. And recently lusting for a $400 shoe..I may not have an impressive assortment of fashion shoes but I pride myself on collecting shoes now which are classic yet comfortable so I dont have to walk in agony.