Sunday, July 18, 2010

Water Cooked Fish

When I was travelling in China, I craved for food light in taste as everything served on a plate seem either too oily or salty or meaty. So when I saw this on the menu I was delighted. Fish Cooked In Water is the literal English translation of the Sichuan dish 水煮鱼. But to my horror when the dish arrived, what I saw was a pot of chilli oil and nothing else. I had to dipped into the oil to eat the fish. But surprisingly, the fish was delicate and very delectable.
So yesterday evening all of a sudden I had a craving for " water cooked fish". And me and G went to this restaurant LULU at basement of Raffles City with attentive service to have our dinner. It serves popular food from the various Chinese provinces and you do not have to eat in blaring discomfort. :)


Drunken chicken in wine is a cold dish. G enjoyed the tender chicken but I found the taste of wine overpowering.


This's yummy! Tofu in rich gravy with fresh prawns on top of omelette. Thinking about this make me salivate.

Doesnt this look scary??! Well you are not supposed to drink the oil in case you suffer from over-oiliness or spiciness. But dipped your chopsticks into the oil and you get to savour the marinated fish slice that is so delicate that it melts in your mouth. And they have normal spicy and up-size spicy version!


Jellyfish in vinegar. Both G and I are suckers for anything in vinegar.

And they have interesting drinks. I had my aloe vera lychee drink in wolberries! And G had The Red Dracular (which I think is rasberry with lime soda) :)