Friday, July 09, 2010

Love Letters

I like to send (and receive) love letters. :) Notes of love to people whom I like. I like to sms and call my customers regularly to know how they are doing. Over the years, I have developed friendships with my customers. I try to remember their birthdays and life happenings.

As many may know, I have a private launch of exquisite jewellery next Saturday 17 July 2-6pm. To inform my customers esp VIPs, I decide to print out a pretty postcard and personally write their names and addresses on envelopes using a calligraphic pen.(So for those who register your address with us, look out for it!)In this age of speed and convenience, business owners mostly send out emailers or pre-programmed smses for events. Seldom do we enjoy the excitement and luxury of receiving something handwritten in our postbox. To sidetrack, my first bf actually wrote me a letter everyday when he was away in UK for 4 yrs. I remember waiting for the postman everyday.

Anyway, Dannis my sales and marketing manager ask me do I want to print out the names and addresses in labels. Yes it will save alot of time. But I told him no. I want to handwrite the names and addresses on all the envelopes. So on Wed night I sat writing these mailers until 1am in my red dot atelier. So I call them love letters. I will love to see my customers again in the private launch. But even if they cant come, they will know they are remembered and personally invited by a designer to a cosy event and not just a faceless organisation.