Thursday, July 01, 2010

Good staff are like jewels

Am so happy that I have a great team of people assisting me. Recently, after much difficulty, I manage to hire a retail staff who was previously managing a specialty brand store. Dannis had led his team previously to clinch the Best Specialty Store Award by STB, beating other bigger players like NIKE BIRD and Night Safari Retail. He is not only experienced in customer service but is also motivated and stylish. And he will be helping me in sales and marketing at Parco.

Got a master tailor whom I lovingly call "Dajie" (Big sister)who can translate my designs into beautiful clothes. And she is not afraid of going the extra mile to create exquisite designs. She abhors ugly clothes and poor workmanship. Have an assistant tailor from Suzhou where she started sewing as a little girl. She is always eager to complete every new design we have and she sews each piece with much pride.

Have my team of embroiderers and beaders who conscientiously spend hours and hours embroidering the patterns I design onto the clothes. Sometimes it takes 3 days to a week to complete one piece but when the gown turn out luxuriously handmade, all is worthwhile! Previously when we were creating the gowns for the ETERNITY BY FUCHSIA LANE collection, some gowns even took up to 3 months to embroider and make! Few days ago I receive a parcel of sample fabrics and laces and everyone was clamouring over the materials and discussing with great excitement like little girls opening their pressies. :)

When we have fashion shows or major production and I see all of them working hand in hand all in the name of Fuchsia Lane designs (which are handmade with time and pride), I feel so consoled and thankful that I have a great team. :)